Making a Booking with Sydney By Seaplane
When you make a booking with Sydney Seaplanes – either Sydney By Seaplane or SeaWing Airways we will ask you for the following flight information:
• The names and weights of the passengers.
• A mobile phone number that will be in use on the day of the flight (just in case we need to contact you about weather conditions or scheduling matters).
• An email address, or postal address so that we can send a confirmation letter.
• For direct bookings Visa or MasterCard details are recorded to secure the booking. We do not process the payment until the day before the flight. For agency bookings, payment is required at the time of booking.
• Once those details are provided and we have made your booking at the restaurant (if applicable) we then prepare a letter of confirmation to send to you. This letter contains information about your flights, dates, locations, contact numbers, payment details and terms and conditions.
For bookings for large groups: Bookings for large groups may require payment in advance. Once the details (as described above) are provided and we have made your booking at the restaurant (if applicable) we then prepare a letter of confirmation to send to you. This letter contains information about your flights, dates, location, contact numbers, payment details and terms and conditions.
Minimum Passenger Numbers: Flights can be established for a minimum of 2 persons (adult fares).
Single Travellers: We will do our very best to accommodate single travellers on existing flights.
Children: Children under the age of 13 years fly for 25% off the adult price (if they weigh less than 60kg). For restaurant flights which include meals, it is recommended that you purchase the “flight-only” option (25% less than the adult rate) and pay separately for the children’s meals. (The 25% discount does not apply to the meal component.)
Some restaurants do not provide high chairs for little ones.
Restaurant fly and dine experiences:
• We make the table reservation for you at the Cottage Point Inn, Berowra Waters and any of the other restaurants mentioned here. The Boathouse Palm Beach does not take reservations.
• Where we include the meal in the ticket price, (lunch package) this offers you full choice of the three course menu. There are no restrictions and there is not a “set menu” for seaplane guests. The “package” price does not cover beverages, so before you depart the restaurant you will need to settle your bar bill directly with the restaurant.
• Please note that our restaurant flights are for lunch only. We can sometimes offer one way flights in the late afternoon to Palm Beach or Cottage Point Inn, however the flights need to depart well before dusk to ensure plenty of daylight for our return flight to base. The price for one way flights varies and you will need to phone our office for a quote.
Getting to/from Rose Bay:
Please note that we do not offer transfers from/to your hotel.
You can get to our seaplane base at Rose Bay from the city by ferry. Ferries depart from Circular Quay. It is a good idea to check at the ferry terminal at Circular Quay to get correct information about which service/s will connect with your flight departure/arrival. When you arrive at Rose Bay, you will need to walk right as you disembark, and follow the sea wall back towards the city for about 7 minutes. We depart from the Rose Bay Marina which is the first building you will come to on that side of the road. The Rose Bay Marina complex sits underneath the Regatta restaurant which is at 594 New South Head Road.
If you are using a GPS please find the “Rose Bay Marina”. Some GPS data bases send you to the wrong location on New South Head Road if you use the street number.
A water taxi from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour is a very efficient way of getting to Rose Bay, although more expensive than a land taxi. The water taxi can drop you at the Rose Bay Marina. We recommend Water Taxis Combined, phone: (02) 9555-8888. Please ensure you arrive at the ROSE BAY MARINA, not at the Catalina site.
If you are getting a (land) taxi to the Sydney By Seaplane – please don’t mention “seaplanes” as the driver is likely to take you to the wrong location. Just give the driver the address of the Rose Bay Marina (or Regatta Dining restaurant) 594 New South Head Road, Rose Bay.
If you need a taxi when you arrive back at Rose Bay please arrange this yourself. You should ask Steve or Jenny for an estimated ETA and pre-order the taxi. Please don’t ask Steve or Jenny to make these arrangements on your behalf, as we are usually on very tight turn-around schedules and do not have the time to make these calls. Often it is more effective to hail a cab on New South Head Road to get you back to the city.
SYDNEY BY SEAPLANE CANCELLATION POLICY AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cancellation Policy: All flights are subject to assessment of the weather and water conditions by the pilot in command. Inclement weather will not necessarily result in the cancellation of any flight. Changes to flight bookings may incur administration fees of up to $55 per passenger. If a flight cancellation is made by a confirmed passenger within 48 hours of departure time, or in the event of a “no show” a 100% charge will be made. In the event that SeaWing Airways cancels a flight due to weather or aircraft unserviceability we will reschedule your flight or refund your tour cost in full. *Refunds of payments made through booking agents must be sought from the booking agent. Please note: Cancellations based on weather forecasts by confirmed passengers shall not be accepted unless the pilot in command has determined that the flight will not be undertaken due to forecast conditions or actual weather conditions on the day.
Terms and Conditions: The company will use its best endeavours to deliver the service advertised, however we reserve the right to alter the method of transport, route travelled, accommodation or services provided, including cancellation of any flight for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to weather, or unserviceable aircraft or equipment, operational conditions or requirements. The company will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred as a result of any delays, cancellations or alterations arising from this clause. Whilst we will make every endeavour to stay on time, it is important to note that the seaplane operation can be affected by conditions such as wind strength and direction, water state, water traffic and limitations on docking space. Therefore the company can give no guarantee of exact arrival or departure of any service and the company will not be liable for any failure to make connections to other services. Where the company does not operate a section of the tour, or directly provide a service incorporated as part of the tour, hereafter called the “Tour Inclusions”, then the company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned to any person or property as a result of any such Tour Inclusion undertaken during the tour whatsoever or howsoever the same may be caused whether as a result of negligence or otherwise. All baggage and personal belongings are carried by passengers entirely at the passengers own risk. The company reserves the right to vary the price of any tour. Please check at time of booking. Full payment is required at the time of booking for agency reservations and 2 days prior to flight/s for direct bookings. All prices quoted include GST and are subject to change without notice. Weight restrictions apply to all flights.